As COVID-19, also known as coronavirus, continues to spread and more cases are reported in the United States, many employers are thinking about ways to help employees to stay healthy and safe. It is vitally important that you take great care to ensure a safe environment for yourselves, your employees, and your customers.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends everyday preventative actions to help stop the spread of the respiratory issues:
- Getting a flu shot every season
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
In addition, Gov. Larry Hogan of Maryland recommended on Monday that those over the age of 60 and those who are immuno-compromised take extra care to avoid large gatherings, and to limit their time in public spaces as much as possible. At least half a dozen confirmed COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in the state already.
For more information on the virus, symptoms, travel guidelines, and prevention, please refer to the CDC’s coronavirus information page.
If your dealership is covered by WANADA’s Insurance Benefits Trust, please also feel free to reach out to Ed Mullaney at email@example.com with any inquiries you may have regarding coverage.Download Bulletin PDF