In-car multimedia technology, long the leading source of complaints among new-vehicle owners, is still a sore spot, but it’s improving. The J.D. Power 2018 Multimedia Quality and Satisfaction Study found the number of reported problems with in-car audio, communication, entertainment and navigation (ACEN) technologies has decreased for the third straight year.
The Study measures the experiences and views of vehicle owners about their ACEN system in the first 90 days of ownership. Voice recognition technology is still the top complaint, as it has been for six years running.
Dealers may take note of the top-performing vehicle in each segment as a sales tool:
- Small mass market – Kia Rio
- Compact mass market – Kia Forte
- Midsize mass market – Ford Mustang
- Large mass market – Ford Taurus
- Small premium – BMW 2 Series
- Compact premium – Porsche 718
- Midsize premium – Lincoln Continental
- Large premium – BMW 7 Series.