Based on the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)’s Used Car Rule, JM&A Group has rolled out updated Buyers Guides. According to the new rule, revised Buyers Guides complying with the new guidelines must be displayed by Jan. 28, 2018. Revised Buyers Guides are available for dealers to order from JM&A Group for Gold Check, Gold Assured, PAC and Private Label warranty programs. JM&A is a WANADA Kindred-line member.
Buyers Guides for limited warranty programs administered by JM&A Group may be ordered by calling (888) JMA-FORMS. Allow for two-day processing and four-day shipping.
- Description of an As Is sale to identify the warranty as a dealer warranty.
- Check boxes showing whether an original manufacturer warranty still applies, a manufacturer used vehicle warranty still applies, or if any other used vehicle warranty applies.
- Air bags and catalytic converters are included on the list of major defects that may occur.
- A statement is added that directs consumers to obtain a vehicle history report at ftc.gov/usedcars and to check for open recalls at safercar.gov.
- A statement is added to English-language Buyers Guides advising Spanish-speaking consumers to ask for the Buyers Guide in Spanish (if the dealer is conducting the sales in Spanish) and a Spanish translation of the consumer’s acknowledgement of the receipt of the Buyers Guide.
JM&A’s partner, Transworld Data, will continue to provide Vehicle Details online Buyers Guides programming and window stickers for dealer warranty programs administered by JM&A. Vehicle Details support is available at vehicledetails.com, or (262) 240-9652.
Buyers Guides have been formatted to a standard 8.5 by 11-inch paper size.
For the FTC Dealer’s Guide to the Used Car Rule, click here.Download Bulletin PDF